Use of this website is governed by the following terms and conditions:
- The Luc Hoffmann Institute maintains this web site (the “Site”) as a service to those who may choose to access the Site (“Users”).
- The Luc Hoffmann Institute grants permission to Users to visit the Site and to download and copy the information, documents and materials (collectively, “Materials”) from the Site for the non-commercial use, without any right to resell or redistribute them or to compile or create derivative works therefrom, subject to the terms and conditions outlined below, and also subject to more specific restrictions that may apply to specific Materials within this Site.
- No waiver by the Luc Hoffmann Institute of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall be binding except as set forth in writing and signed by its duly authorized representative.
- The Luc Hoffmann Institute reserves its exclusive right in its sole discretion to alter, limit or discontinue the Site or any Materials in any respect.
- The collaborative arrangements that the Luc Hoffmann Institute makes with national, regional and international partners in the pursuit of its Mission will be transparent, fair and equitable, and these qualities will be demonstrated when our partners are represented on our website.
- The Luc Hoffmann Institute will take stringent measures to ensure that contributors of information shall be correctly attributed and the integrity of their contribution preserved. We will not inappropriately assert any intellectual property rights in the information generated by our partners. Furthermore, wherever possible we will record the ‘ownership’ and Intellectual Property Rights associated with the work that we undertake and we will ensure the necessary permissions are in place for its use. Where ownership and IPR are unclear we will make fair and equitable arrangements with key stakeholders to facilitate the deployment of information to the benefit of conservation.
- The Luc Hoffmann Institute will respect and will not without permission share traditional knowledge regarding the land rights of indigenous peoples unless such data, information and knowledge is provided with prior, informed consent and/or is already in the public domain.
- The contents of this website do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of WWF which hosts the Luc Hoffmann Institute.
- The mention of a commercial entity or product in this website does not imply any endorsement by the Luc Hoffmann Institute
- Under no circumstances shall the Luc Hoffmann Institute be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered that is claimed to have resulted from the use of this Site, including, without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay with respect thereto.
- This Site may contain links and references to third-party web sites. These linked sites are not under the control of the Luc Hoffmann Institute which is not responsible for, and does not endorse any of their content.
By accessing this site, certain information about the User, such as Internet protocol (IP) addresses, navigation through the Site, the software used and the time spent, along with other similar information, will be stored on servers operated by the Luc Hoffmann Institute or its affiliates. These will not specifically identify the User. The information will be used internally only for web site traffic analysis. If the User provides unique identifying information, such as name, address and other information on forms stored on this Site, such information will be used only for statistical purposes and will not be published for general access. The Luc Hoffmann Institute, however, assumes no responsibility for the security of this information.